Wednesday, January 11, 2012

[Review] Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith's Mocha Rose Lip Balm with Vanilla



As many of those who visited my blog may know, I'm pretty generous with many of the products that I reviewed. I mostly provide a review about what I love and what I constantly use but I'm about to review something that I thought I would never hate and that's a product with chocolaty scent. So here it is: Smith's Mocha Rose Lip Balm with Vanilla.



Weight: 14.2g (=0.5oz)
Price: CA$7.00 + tax



Design/Packaging

Rosbud Perfume Co. didn't make any fancy packaging for the lip balm but wrapped it around with transparent plastic.

This lip balm comes in an opaque white tube format with a rounded rosebud crest in the middle. The lid is a milk chocolate shaded plastic which, from its colour combination, pretty much explains itself as a mocha rose lip balm.





Product


Even before observing the actual product, one aspect that was the most detectable was its scent (which can be synonymous to the word "odour" in this case). Although the label of the product has the word "Mocha Rose" in bold (while the word "Vanilla" comes in a tiny-sized font), the lip balm possesses such a strong and intrusive vanilla scent that it instantly gives nausea (at least to me). Its taste is even worse.


The lip balm comes in clear strawberry juice shade and, performance wise, there's no doubt that this is an amazing product. Within 10-15 minutes of the application, it gifted chapped and flaked surfaces with emollient smoothness even when wiped off.


However, I cannot give any opinion on its consistency since I refuse to apply this product on my lips again (I'm not too picky about scents but  I really refuse to reapply this product on my lips and will return this product).





As I said, I believe I was pretty generous with many products that I've reviewed; however, this lip balm was something that I really had to get it off of my lips because of the overpowering scent that made me sick.

I know that this is an incomplete review since I cannot inform you with its lasting power and performance in detail but I just don't want to continue with a product that will make me sick. I really hope that you understand.

xoxo
cynthia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.