Sunday, January 1, 2012

[Bobbi Brown] Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in Cabo Coral



I usually don't purchase Bobbi Brown products. There was the time when I fell into the pool of vanity where I thought that only the high-end make-up products have long consistency, excellent quality, and a great range of colours (which was partially true). Furthermore, they were perfect attractions for the ones who 1) have fallen into the pool of vanity like myself 2) can actually afford these extravaganzas. However, I came to realize that I shouldn't purchase what I cannot afford and what is not worth its price. Therefore, I consider as many positive and aspects as possible before purchasing high-end products. 






But I'm trying to talk about one of my numerous success from the high-end brand experience and here's an example: Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in Cabo Coral. 





Design 

The Pot Rouge jar reminds me of Chanel Illusion D'ombre. They are about the same size (although Pot Rouge comes in a 5cm jar in diameter) and both have the logo on the black plastic lid. Pot Rouge comes in a transparent jar. 




Product 



It is a gorgeously light peachy coral shade (honestly looks more peachy to me) which falls into the warm-tone category. The colour in the jar is quite overpowering but it is gradually buildable. 

Its texture appears to be very hard wax-like but it melts, sticks and glows gorgeously on the cheeks, giving a dewy finish. However, the formula definitely is thick and dry for the lips, requiring an application of lip balm before using Cabo Coral. 








Moreover, it has a distinguishably awful scent (and taste) that may be recognizable but undefinable. It is undetectable once applied around the cheekbone but strongly detectable once applied to the lips. 







Personal advice
If you really want to apply it to the lips, Scrubbing the lips using lip scrub and applying generous amount of lip balm is recommended. Keep your lip balm handy at all time since it is very dry for the lips. 


xoxo
cynthia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.